RiskGONE at the Nanoweek 2022 – meeting the international nanosafety community!
From 20 to 24 June 2022, the international nanosafety community met in Limassol, Cyprus, for the #nanoweek and NanoCommons final conference.
The theme of the conference was “Evolution of Nanosafety and materials sustainability as we transition into Horizon Europe”.
Many projects were represented, including RiskGONE, sister projects from the NMBP-13 cluster Nanorigo and Gov4Nano. NanoCommons, NanosolveIT and the NanoSafety cluster were present at the discussions, too.
The conference covered the following topics:
- Safe-and-Sustainable-by-Design of (nano-enabled) products & processes: including Hazard identification, ecotoxicity and toxicity
- New modelling methodologies and nanoinformatics approaches
- Data Management – Databases – FAIR data (findability, accessibility, interoperability, and reusability)
- Risk governance and regulation
- International communities of research
- Many opportunities for young nanoscientists (speed datings, trainings, etc.)
There were two sessions dedicated to NMBP-13 projects on risk governance. The first one was a presentation of the Portal and IT infrastructure supporting Risk Governance of nano- and advanced materials and nano-enabled products. The second one was discussing the future of risk governance.
RiskGONE partners also presented the project work in developing test methods for characterization and hazard assessment. On the last day, RiskGONE held its general assembly.
Conference booklet https://www.nanocommons.eu/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/Nanoweek-NanoCommons-Final-Conference-Abstract-Book.pdf